Followers

Monday, July 23, 2007

The Big Apple....










Meanwhile, I was in New York City while Haven and Nate were in San Diego. I had this fun weekend get away planned since April, and was so excited my dear friend, Kamille, could join me. I LOVED New York, and all the sights, sounds, food, shopping, shows, and people that go with it! I will provide some captions to the pictures above. First, we had an amazing lunch at the famous Serendipity restaurant know for their tasty frozen hot chocolate as well as the cute chick-flick starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsdale. I also met up with two of my old high school buddies - Teddy Wiley and Jake Francis - who are now residing in New York. It was so fun to meet up with them and see Jake in action as a head chef for a swanky little restaurant near Soho. Teddy is heading to Harvard Business school in a few weeks. Our hotel for the last two nights was a block away from Times Square - which is always a buzz! The two staples of New York: the Statue of Liberty - need I say more.... and, the Empire State building. We enjoyed the sights from the Empire State viewing deck. Ground zero was powerful (construction is now in progress for the new buildings). I really could sense a heaviness and sacredness as I viewed the area... very moving. We visited Rockefeller Center before lunch at "Tavern on the Green" in Central Park. And, finally, our oh-so-fun and "we never looked better" make-overs at the Channel counter (more like lounge) at Bloomingdales. We also were fortunate to see the new Broadway hit "The Color Purple", starring Fantasia. An incredible performance, and the music was so soulful and uplifting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an opportunity! Looks like you got to do all sorts of fun stuff!

We went there when I was about 5 months prego with Aubrey. Quite the experience for this Montana "hill-billy" chick! :)

marlaje said...

You are adorable! What a fun trip and I have to ask, did Channel tell you that they weren't able to do anything more special to make you more beautiful?!