Followers

Monday, March 29, 2010

PARKER!!!




So, Nate has been gone since last Monday and I thought I was doing well handling the girls on my own for a while. Haven is a breeze, but Parker always keeps me on my toes. She is just full of spunk and mischief. However, yesterday morning I about shipped her down to San Diego for Nate to handle. She is drawn (I think by a magnetic current) to markers. And, loves to decorate herself with them. I saw that she got into some Sunday morning as I plopped her into the high chair for breakfast (her hands were very colorful). But she was still in her pj's so I cleaned her up after she ate and got her dressed for church. When I was helping Haven pick up her room a few minutes later, I noticed the guilty markers in her nightstand drawer. I told Haven to put them in a safe place so Parker won't get into them and I went to get ready for church since we had a few minutes before we were to leave. Well... a few minutes later, Haven emerged with Parker in tow. Parker trotted over with marker all over her face, her NEW cardigan, and her white tights. I almost lost it. Maybe I did just a bit. I called it "frustration" to Haven, explaining to her why mommy sounded angry. Haven said Parker was just too quick. These were cheap, dollar store markers that did not come off easily. I had to scrub her face almost raw until all the creative expression came off... and her cardigan now has a faint blue stain. Oh well.

THEN... we were about to leave Fuddruckers after eating lunch. I got up and felt a rather painful pinch behind my upper thigh. Turning around, I found Parker looking up at me. She totally just bit into my back thigh! It was the first biting incident with her. I had a hard time disciplining Parker, fighting back the giggles over the mental picture of her just walking up to me and biting my back side! I guess I wasn't moving fast enough for her...

THEN... Haven gave Parker Silly Puddy (because she didn't like the color) right before bed. This stuff from the devil was then shredded up by Parker's little hands before falling asleep and became cemented and stuck in hair, pjs, bedding, stuffed animals, books...

I am ready for Nate to be home.

5 comments:

marlaje said...

Aaaaahhh! This is the child that everyone teases us about...the one that is the opposite of Gabe. So maybe we'll get ourselves a little angel like Parker and we'll be a well balanced family! HA!

swisher sweet said...

This is hysterical Melissa! What a firecracker. So strange because you + Nate are 2 of the calmest people I know. :)

Unknown said...

That was just so funny! Thank you for letting us in on your frustration!

Charissa said...

oh my goodness...sounds like it's been a little crazy...your 2 kids sound a little like mine...Caleb is easy...content, doesn't really get into anything, never has...Megan...it's a whole different ball game..get's into EVERYTHING and then looks at me with the cutest little look...

Mrs. Beer said...

Came across your blog by accident, and think you and your family are adorable. LOVE LOVE LOOVVEE the name Parker for a girl! Looks like you're having fun :)