Followers

Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh, the fury!


Rubbing Alcohol: MY HERO!!


Sometimes in the heat of rage and furry, it is best to walk away from the problem (in this case, my 2 year old daughter) and breath deep while focusing on a possible solution. But I will honestly admit, this was not my reaction as I saw bright orange Sharpee all over the walls as well as all over our NEW cream microsuede ottoman and love seat! I screamed, cried, and did everything but breath deep. Thankfully, Nate was home and removed Parker from my line of vision before I went after her. He did the discipline and I sat on the floor in hysterics thinking we would have to buy new furniture after seeing the orange devastation. I have never hated Sharpee markers so...

If you have been following our lives on this blog and as well as facebook, you will know that Parker has a love affair with markers and will sniff them out like a bloodhound. I even think it is funny that Parker and marker rhyme... I am sure I could create a very clever limerick! Well, we have since moved the markers to a 3rd location - Nate's gun safe.

Jill called during my melt down and suggested googling a solution... brilliant idea. I am sure I would have thought of this after I regained my senses. But I did manage to find a solution since it appears that I am not the only mother that has faced this obstacle. The remedy: rubbing alcohol (99%). I was shocked that it removed 90% of it... there is still a faint orange hue in some areas if I look for it, but thankfully, the furniture is saved! Parker is saved! I have decided to keep her after all...

There once was a girl named Parker
Who had a love affair with Sharpee markers
She scribbled on the furniture
With a furry unseen before
And now she has a sore bum and no supper*.

*She actually fell asleep while being in her room during time out and missed lunch.


No comments: