Followers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Our House...



Master Bath. I am very excited about this tub. Did not have a tub in our Missoula master bath. I would trade this for multiple flower beds any day.

Master suite.

Guest Bathroom downstairs.

Living room. Next BIG project is to cover the (beautiful) cornice boards with fabric that goes with our decor. You can't see it well, but they are a golden rode and royal blue stripe - Yikes.

Living room fireplace.

House has lots of great features like this wall alcove.

Kitchen

The eat-in kitchen table - a craigslist find.

My secretary desk... one of my favorite pieces. If only Parker would leave it alone!

Dining Room

Sitting room & Dining Room (right of entry)

Entry way

Sitting room... yes, the scene of the crime yesterday (see previous post).

Small alcove where the stairs lead up.

The guest room (downstairs - main level)

Now that the couches have been cleaned and spared, I decided to take some pictures of our new home now that the decorating is done and we are moved in. So, here is the grand tour of our Carlsbad home. Downsizing has its advantages and I am enjoying not having an acre and seven flower beds to maintain. However, I have to admit, I do miss the open space of Montana... things are a little more crowded down here.

3 comments:

CareBearStare said...

Melissa, the house is so nice! I am in awe of your decorating skills :-P

Kim D. said...

I LOVE your new place! Everything looks great! When can you come to my home and help spruce it up a bit? :) Glad to see you all settled in.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! You are amazing girlfriend! Your house looks like it's right out of pottery barn! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! PS. Loved your story about the markers!!! =0)

Love you Melissa. Glad you are settling and everybody is adjusting well. Keep me up to date on things every now and then! How funny that not that long ago, I was in your same shoes! And pregnant too! =0)