Followers

Friday, August 6, 2010

Why I feel so exhausted...


It is not like I am running a marathon every day, but as a mother, I feel some days that I just crossed the finish line of one! Today was one of those days. And, it was not due to an increase in my heart rate, but more the mental fatigue of always being mentally alert and aware of the going-ons of Parker. I felt this fatigue after returning home after Haven's grand finale at princess camp - her special end-of-the-week presentation for the parents. I had to make it very clear to Parker that this was Haven's special performance and she was to stay close by and watch with mama.... which, she managed 90% of the time. She only ran out twice to join the fun: once to grab an instrument during the special music number and again to dance along the other princesses during the special song. Parker is quick and I am not as quick since I have a growing belly that is now getting in the way.

Afterward, there were refreshments and I wanted to spend time with Haven and talk over fruit and cookies. Parker sat for 30 seconds and then was off again. I really wanted to focus on Haven since this was her special day! I think in the time we ate a few bites of watermelon and strawberries, Parker managed to spill two water bottles, ran off with a walking cane that belonged to a handicapped individual and then paraded around the room with a few of the girl's wands that were made especially for the performance day. Of course, the other girls did not like the fact that Parker had made off with their wands and complained. Their cries made me realize the extent of her two minute destruction.

This is why I get so tired. The amount of "awareness" it takes to keep tabs on this cute little firecracker is enough to keep me taking naps each afternoon with her (my favorite part of the day).

I think this is the reason why many moms are so tired at the end of the day... it is the skillful act of always being one step ahead of our little ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.