Followers

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Parker's Day










There were times I wasn't sure if she was even going to make it to her 3rd birthday - from being banished after scribbling all over my walls, couch, pillows, hutch and ottoman with a Sharpee maker to our first experience with stitches this past year. But we did it!! I say "we" since I feel like this past year with Parker has been one of my most challenging years as a parent (yes, being pregnant, moving and then having a newborn again added to the chaos). A lot of reading, praying, crying, sharing went into guiding her terrible two's. I love her soooo much, but there is something about the 2nd child. They are born to humble us as parents I think.

Anyway, I decided to use Parker's birthday as an excuse to throw a fun party with the families in our small group from church. We watched Tangled on an inflatable movie screen outside with speakers while snacking on popcorn. We all brought our beach chairs and picnic blankets and made it a family fun evening for all! And my newly three year old watched the entire movie in my lap while tossing popcorn kernals in her mouth and sipping her juice box.

No comments: